Wednesday 17 April 2019

“I Want To Change The World” …Budding Singer, Peace Jackson



Mick Jagger, famous English songwriter and theorist, says; “lose your dreams and you might lose your mind.” This, perhaps, is the maxim setting the pace for promising Nigerian female singer, Peace Jackson a.k.a. Pej, who has added passion to her dreams of becoming famous in music.

 “If you play music with passion, love and honesty, then it will nourish souls, heal wounds and make life worth living for you and others because music is its own reward,” posits Peace Jackson whose thirst for music from secondary school is fast maturing like spring plants.

“I had known from time that music is my talent. But I only got serious with it by composing my songs when I was in secondary school,” the ND holder from a reputable Nigerian polytechnic declares, adding that she aims to use her songs to preach the realities of life, love, family and manners.


lthough, she lost her mother and father at the peak of her adulthood, Peace, the third from a family of four, maintains she would not be drawn back by the incident as she is determined to appreciate her deceased parents for their care by using her music to transform herself and those dear to her. “My dad and mum always longed to make me and my siblings outstanding and popular but death took them away unexpectedly. So, I must make success a reality all by myself,” Peace says, adding that “just as Jesus created wine from water, I want to use my song to change the world.”

The Eket, Akwa Ibom State native has released some single tracks awaiting promotions. They include, ‘I’m A Nigerian’, ‘I Love You’, ‘Family’, ‘Imagination’, ‘I Took Back What Matters To Me’, ‘Don’t Leave Me And Go Away’, ‘Long Distance Don’t Matter’, and more. Her music idols, she says, are Celine Dion, Simi, 2Face, Adekunle Gold and Teni.


-Ademola Alade  

No comments:

Post a Comment